20 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ISAAC
PHOTOGRAPHED BY ELIZABETH TAN
Name: Isaac Ellery
1. How did you get into modelling?
Through a friend who I met during school when I was 16 called Jaycee Mentoor. He scouted me for his upcoming modelling agency – He was a photographer and the test shoots he did with me got me some recognition in the industry. I then jumped to another agency in Auckland which eventually led me to Bintang Models.
2. What is the best place to eat in Auckland?
Any place where they serve Subway. Personally, I can’t afford to go to enough restaurants to know the best place to eat.
3. If you weren’t modelling, what would you do?
I would be carrying on with life in general, finding jobs, developing my interests in things I may like. Modelling is just one medium I like to express myself through.
4. Tell us something people may not know about you yet?
I find it really awkward to smile in photos haha. That’s why there’s hardly any of me smiling.
5. What's the best piece of advice you have ever received?
If you want to give up something, remember in the first place why you tried it.
6. If you could have one super power what would it be?
Invisibility at night.
7. Why at night? Doesn't that make it kind of.. pointless?
Okay, I searched useless superpowers and that was the first one! Haha
8. Who’s your favourite designer?
9. What’s the one thing you could never live without?
10. How would you describe yourself in four words?
At least I tried.
11. What’s one fashion trend you tried and regret the most?
Wearing a fake champion x supreme hoodie. I didn’t feel genuine.
12. What do you find are the main challenges in modelling today?
I think finding the right agency that provides opportunities and exposure. I have been with two others before Bintang, and it wasn't until I was signed with Bintang that my modelling has started to really take off.
13. What's the soundtrack to your life atm?
Beverly Hills Cop Theme Song
14. What’s the weirdest thing you have eaten?
To a lot of people it’s the norm but I once had these balls and inside of them were squid... it’s a Japanese food but I just found it disgusting.
15. Your biggest fear?
Heights, being a tall guy I find that everything is just a little higher then it should be, emphasizing my vertigo.
16. What are you currently binge watching on Netflix?
17. If you could wear any designer or be featured in any magazine, what who or what would it be?
18. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Pull out my phone and start watching video’s.
19. What’s your proudest moment to date?
Getting my restricted.
20 If you could have been born in a different time line, when would It be?
1950’s. I love the whole aesthetic of how everyone dressed with blazers and fancy hats. Also how unique the cars looked. Like how in today’s time if we see a car that was over 60 years old we just gaze at its beauty.